I thought it might be helpful to give a little insight to the way I rate books on a 1-10 scale.
1) This is the worst book in the world. You will actually lose brain cells reading it. Can be used as a torture device.
2) Almost better than trash. Stay away just to be safe.
3) Not a good book, and yet I find SOME redeeming quality.
4) Not yet horrible but I didn’t particularly enjoy it.
5) This book was ok. Definitely not perfect, but I neither loved or hated it. Read it if you’re bored and nothing better is around.
6) Pretty decent book. Read it when you get a chance; however, nothing wonderful here and I probably found a few things I didn’t really like.
7) Liked this book. Worth your time to read.
8) Really great book. I certainly encourage you to read this.
9) Brilliant book. Loved it. Going on a favorites shelf and will probably be re-read at some point in the future.
10) Best book ever. Seriously. BUY it! Read this book now because your life is not yet complete. (Think Harry Potter… that’s the bar that has been set.)
If I can’t decide between two ratings, I’ll give it a .5